First Aid Accredited Courses
We require a minimum of five (5) students for each First Aid course. Please subscribe and let us know which course you would like to attend and we will advise on upcoming training dates.
FireMed First Aid Courses
First Aid Training does not need to be accredited; anyone can train a First Aid Course with any content they desire to include, however…….
The Occupational Health & Safety Act does, however, require that a Companies “APPOINTED” First Aider(s) complete training that is recognized by the Chief Inspectorate of the Department Of Labour. Traditionally the Department of Labour referred to these as ” Level 1, Level 2, & Level 3” First Aid Training Courses.
- Starting in 2016 the Department of Labour, clear instructions were issued to the accredited Training Providers that the “traditional courses” were being phased out and realigning to a Unit Standard based system designed to work in conjunction with the Skills Development Act and National Qualifications Framework. In this regards, accredited First Aid Training Providers were ultimately issued notice by the Department of Labour that, the 31st April 2019 was the final cut-off date for First Aid Providers to have submitted their SETA applications, failing which their accreditation status with the Department of Labour would immediately lapse. Many existing Training Providers complied- some chose not to.
- Please Download The Department of Labour Amendment.
(Please check your download folder if the PDF did not open on a new page.)
- Over an above DOL and SETA accreditation, any Trainers offering courses that are rated as NQF 2 and higher are required to be registered with the Department of Higher Education and Training as a Private College. Intermediate and Advanced First Aid training falls into this category.
- FireMed holds both SETA (17/QA/ACC/1475/18) & Department of Labour accreditation (CI 522/3/12/1) in this respect and is on record with the DHET.
- Please ensure to ask your selected Training Provider about their DOL, SETA and DHET status.
What Our Clients Say About Our First Aid Training Courses
“I have gained an experience on how to save peoples lives in any emergency that can happen anytime, anywhere and my family as well”.
“Highly recommend – this answered and created a number of situations that I should be aware of in my “new” work environment. My personal questions & queries were answered and discussed. Personal approach was great. Thank you very much”.
“Brilliant! Lots of value adds! Everyone should do this course – parents, employees, domestic workers. Very thorough but simply explained to all”.
FireMed Training Facilities
FireMed’s Training will be conducted at the Sunset Conference Centre.
- Courses will start at 8.00 am until 16h00 pm.
- Tea, Coffee & Water are supplied – Please bring your own snacks and lunch.
- Below are the course itinerary, prices & duration of each first aid course.
- Please click on the + sign on the right-hand side to view course info.